Desperately need to hire….

Posted: October 15, 2006 at 8:14 am

four hours of animal sitting on Halloween night…5pm til just after 9 pm. I am working and some of these guys cannot be left alone with fireworks happening (we are right next to the school so i am assuming it will be bad). lexie alone will destroy the house, she is fine as long as someone is with her when she gets scared. i cannot get the evening off, too many nurses with trick or treating kids. and the volunteers all have their own freak outs at home….anyone available?????

7 Comments on "Desperately need to hire…."

• Chris Thomas says

Deb will volunteer to this. I have just spoken with her on the phone. So not to worry it is covered for you.

• Deb says

And I’ll make you dinner while I’m there. What’s your favourite?

ahhh deb…you are a sainted one! and lol, don’t bother with dinner, just wander around, blast the tv’s and and keep the troops calm til i get home, then we’ll eat cookies! cole will be glad to have you here, apparently last week someone was setting off firecrackers and he was pretty frightened.

• Deb says

Okay, I’ll bring you dinner, then. Poor Cole, I wonder what goes through a dog’s mind when those little explosions happen one after another. My MacKenzie is terrified of firecrackers, we’ll be drugging her again this year, it’s just too hard on her psyche….it kills me to watch her panic. I’ll make sure all the SAINTS, canine, feline, equine, porcine, sheepine, bunnyine, fowline, llamaine (okay, I know those are not words, but I folded after porcine)are safe and sound. Do you expect any trick-or-treaters?

lol…hope not cuz i am not stocking candy…the last thing i need is a repeat of coppers previous halloweens thievery tricks. that beagle can eat 10 pounds of candy in an instant, he swallows the wrappers whole, it saves precious time to skip the ripping open step.

• Deb says

We could always hand out adoption applications instead of Reese’s Pieces.

• Jean says

Better yet, we could stick dogs and cats in their loot bags.
    Phoebe goes first.