bill died today

Posted: August 14, 2007 at 5:31 pm

he had his canned food with kathy, and tim bits with zoe and her friends and half an hour later he had a major stroke. and i am shutting the place down for tonight, no calls, no visitors, just us, here now.

thx.

zoe…if you would like to share the story of bill and being there with him, please feel free.

11 Comments on "bill died today"

• Chris T says

Carol – I am so sorry to hear this. I wish death would give you and the SAINTS a break. Rest easily Bill. You were loved. Take care of yourself Carol.

• Cheryl says

OH not Bill…
    RIP sweet Man.

• Rae says

Oh no not Bill. I am so sorry Carol. I know you love all of the Saints but Bill….well he is Saints. Rest in peace Bill. I know where you’re going there is no pain,just unlimited supplies of pizza and Tim bits. You will be missed because you are so loved.

• Deb says

Love doesn’t die, Sweet Mr. Bill. You are the face of SAINTS, wherever your spirit rests. Goodbye good dog, run free, rest peacefully, and please, please watch over Carol. I know her heart is broken.

• Johanna says

So sorry, Carol,

Take care of yourself,

Johanna

• Jean says

I am so, so sorry to hear this. Bill was the very essence of SAINTS, he was as integral a part of it as the buildings, the fields, the pond, and Carol herself.

Oh Bill, the place won’t be the same without you. May your spirit watch over Saints and the memories of you help ease the pain of those who knew you.

• Caroline says

I am soo sorry to read this.

((((((((((((((((((((((hugs for Carol)))))))))))))))))))))

• Janice says

One Day you will be able to look up at that picture and smile and he will give you the strength to do what you do.

Love and light Carol..

I love you Bill & will miss you so so much.

• Bridget says

sweet old man bill.

everytime we visited, you were pleased to welcome us with a laughing face and a wagging tail- even like last time, if your front leg was a bit stiff, you still got up to greet us with that toothy grin only a lab can make. you even put up with copper budging in for a fuss when you were getting TOO much attention (according to copper, anyway). and even when we INSISTED you went back to your couch, since moving WAS a little hard on that front leg that day, you still grinned and had a belly laugh.

especially when we called you Bill, and told you how handsome you were. you still smiled. and joined us, again, outside with the rockstar for a very long, carefully planned wee.

you’re just as much as the bones of saints as ellie mae, copper, moses, jazz, percy, all the dogs, cats, all the animals i have met at saints and through carol who i loved, remembered, and thought about all the time.

i think that you did try to plan it, bill. even if, as we all know, no one has control over these things and how they happen, or even when, not even dogs. but being an old boy never makes it any easier- it just makes it harder. we expected it, bill, but we didn’t want it to happen, ever.

we love you, old man.

• Leigh says

Carol,

I am so sad to hear about Bill as he was my number one favourite Saint…You gave him such an amazing life and he and Jazz are now watching over you and the rest of the group at SAINTS.