tally

Posted: March 8, 2008 at 9:43 am

Since Tally was Carol’s dog he didn’t have a webpage, so in case you never had the pleasure of meeting this sweet whale of a dog, here are some photos.

tal

tal

tal

tal

10 Comments on "tally"

• Deb says

Not a mean bone in that funky old body. Tally, you were a huge presence at SAINTS, and it will never be the same without you.
    Godspeed Mr. Braveheart.

the many faces of mr. softie…all of them pure.
    thx nicole.

• Hillevi says

What a handsome guy! I bet the girls are swooning in heaven.

• bridget says

awwwww. i remember tally now, i was looking on the page and trying to place his name to his face. and, seeing him, made me think of him on his chair, and bill in his bed, having a rest in the warm summer day.

• Susan from Chicago says

What a beautiful boy, I am so sorry Carol, he must have been needed elsewhere. Enjoy the bridge Tally.

• Dana says

So sorry Carol – Tally was a character and a half. I think he knew he had a bit of an extra special place in your heart. RIP Tally.

I’m not sure how to get the photo to show up – I took this photo of Tally during a visit to the previous Saints…all the hustle and bustle and all he wanted to do was mooch treats and sleep in the sun.

• Nicole says

Dana the top photo of tally is your one. It was in tally’s photos folder on my computer but I didn’t know who took it.

• smitty says

Carol, please accept my commmiserations over the loss of your Tally.
    His was and is a beautiful spirit. The warmth and goodness of his presence will never be forgotten, even by those of us who knew him only slightly…

• Leila says

For Carol, the SAINTS that have passed and especially for Tally Ho Braveheart

How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.

by Elizabeth Barrett Browning

How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.
    I love thee to the depth and breadth and height
    My soul can reach, when feeling out of sight
    For the ends of Being and ideal Grace.
    I love thee to the level of everyday’s
    Most quiet need, by sun and candlelight.
    I love thee freely, as men strive for Right;
    I love thee purely, as they turn from Praise.
    I love thee with the passion put to use
    In my old griefs, and with my childhood’s faith.
    I love thee with a love I seemed to lose
    With my lost saints,—I love thee with the breath,
    Smiles, tears, of all my life!—and, if God choose,
    I shall but love thee better after death.

• Angela from NY says

oh, my gosh, what a face…so sorry again, he looked amazing