nola died about an hour ago.

Posted: August 22, 2008 at 6:51 am

one of our vets finally got back to me last night. we added codeine to her med mix and by 1am she was able to sleep. he said rare or not, she had to have had an aggressive malignancy somewhere for everything to crash so badly, so quick. he said maybe it wasn’t the lipomas, maybe it was hiding underneath where we didn’t see.

as much as i am rocked off my feet by this, i am utterly thankful that nola did not wait any longer. we almost put her thru that massive surgery.
that is the thing about hope…it floats along until it sinks.

rest in peace nola, good, good dog.

my sincere condolences to dawn who had already opened her heart and was waiting at her open door for nola to come home.

15 Comments on "nola died about an hour ago."

• Dawn says

I am so sorry to hear about Nola. She was a great dog, so sweet. Carol, thank you for being there for her when she needed someone to just love her, lumps and all.
    Dawn

• Audrey says

So very sorry to hear about Nola – she was so lucky to have had you. Just discovered you through the Turtle Gardens website two weeks ago and I live just across the river in Northwest Abbotsford. Rest in peace, dear Nola.

• Emma says

God Bless Nola – what a great friend she was to all. I bet she was thrilled to be a kitchen dog for her last days with you Carol.

• Chris T says

I am so sorry to hear this Carol. I am relieved that she is no longer in pain. She knew love at the end. Take care.

• laura says

OMG! Nola was my sponsor dog. I fell in love with her the moment she came thru the gates of Saints. She was such a beautiful dog a bit of a nag sometimes but I like a dog with a bit of a tude. She so loved her barn time and just getting to be herself. I’m so glad I got to spend time with her last night and caress and kiss her sweet face and tell her what a special girl she was. Nola you were taken from us way too soon..I will miss you..rest in peace my sweet Nola.

i am so so sorry carol. she was a good girl and should have had her forever home. am glad she was with you, tho. but it is still a shock. it always is

• Nola I thought you were absolutely awesome!! I will miss you forever. Sleep in peace dear girl. Eva

• Deb says

Rest peacefully, sweet Nola. You were a very good dog, and you were well loved.

• Rae says

Rest in Peace Nola, you will be missed little girl!

• Hillevi says

Rest in peace, Nola. May God bless you and those who loved you.

• Heidi says

Rest in peace Nola. I’m sorry Carol and Dawn for your loss.

• Lory says

The last time I was out Mo told me she hoped so much Nola would be adopted, what great dog she was. Carol has said so often how she had this same hope for Raymond. Now his time too is coming to an end. Thanks should be given for SAINTS but these guys deserved more. My heart is sad.

i know these guys all deserved more but i think they are very lucky to land at carols place. they could have done so much worse. carol treats them like they are all her own special babies and loves them all the same/ i have yet to see somone who is so good to all her animals. ; it is a treat and a privilege to work there.

all these really great animals who die here without a home of their own…..nola, bill, daisy, peter, hester, lola etc….these were great animals…no behavioral issues, no incontinence issues, no unmanageable health issues…just old age stopping them from someone taking them home. and then, year after year, old age and disease finally caught up with them and it was too late.
    harrison, boo, stripe, toby, maude, cleo, al, raymond, oka…their time will run out on them too….it is beyond sad.

• mo says

I sure missed Nola as one of my barn helpers this week-end, RIP baby.