daffy duck passed away this morning.

Posted: January 7, 2010 at 4:52 pm

she was a little bit afraid at the clinic, she does not like going into there but she did get a chance to say goodbye to her foster mom, so that was good.
when they gave her the sedation, she was too nervous to go to sleep. but daffy was such a remarkable dog, that when the vet took her leg, she just turned her head away and looked right at me. i said “good girl, you look at me. you are such a very good dog, you are going to be ok. don’t be afraid, look at me, i love you daphne.” and daphne believed and trusted me. she kept her eyes locked on mine as she slowly relaxed and passed away.
daphne died as she lived, overflowing with gentle grace.
rest in peace sunshine.

15 Comments on "daffy duck passed away this morning."

• Dorina says

O, no…so sorry Carol! Rest in peace Daphne…

• beverley wristen says

god bless you daffy duck. you are in Rainbow Bridge now where you are pain free. may God Bless you too Carol for all the love that you have for each and every one of the Saints.

• Hillevi says

I am so very sorry for your loss of Daphne. You gave her so much and it sounds like she did likewise. Life without her will be different but her memory will live on. May you smile every time you think of her. God Bless.

when you’re smiling, when you’re smiling….the whole world smiles with you.
    and when you’re laughing, when you’re laughing…the sun comes shining thru…

whoever wrote that song must have been thinking of someone just like daphne.

• Lory says

I don’t know how you do it, Carol. You must be so tired of being strong for your animals when they die. I can hardly type for the tears.

• Colleen says

Just echoing everyone above.

So sorry you are hurting.

• Rae says

Carol I am so sorry. Daphane was a wonderful friend and I know you’ll miss her. Rest in Peace little one.

• Lynne & Scott says

We’re thinking of you and picturing Daphne, her body and spirit renewed, in heaven.

• Cam says

So sorry for your loss Carol. Rest in Peace Daphne.

i am not so strong…i sobbed like a baby when she was gone.
    it sucks.

• vadie says

my goodness carol….i’m way up here in the north, and i’m sobbing away. i remember daphane sitting on your step almost 5yrs ago at your old place,just before we moved up here. I had just adopted a 7yr old cocker,and daphane reminded me of our 1st cocker. so both bill and i are partial to cockers and their wiggle bummms.guess that why when we were down in may we had her for a TV night.i think that cute little wiggle bummm helped to get her spoiled..i know bill spoiled her that night.she spent her last year in a great place “YOUR BED” ;-)) AND SAINTS RIP Daffy
    take care carol

• laura says

🙁 your sweet face excitedly waiting at the end of the bed hoping either someone was coming to bed or at least bringing food to eat will be hugely missed…..loved you wiggle bum Daff…hug to you Carol

• Chris T says

Sorry for your loss Carol. It is so hard.

• Pam says

Carol, I am so sorry for your loss. Rest in peace dear Daphne…

• Helga says

Being strong doesn’t mean you can’t cry for someone who was such an important part of your life. You grieve but carry on helping. That is strong.