shitty night.

Posted: July 18, 2011 at 5:47 am

i spent the night in emergency..it was the responsible thing to do. i had crippling chest pain that didn’t go away and i was afraid the staff might come in to work this morning and find my dead body…that would have sucked.
anyway..the pain did go away shortly after i arrived but i still had to wait for the diagnostics to say i wasn’t having a cardiac event. don’t know what it was but it is nice to know that my heart is fine. i guess i will call in sick for work this morning tho since i haven’t had any sleep…i have to say that hanging out in emerg all night, did seem a little too much like work to me….except i wasn’t getting paid to be there.

this is the one downside to living alone..in the middle of the night, you are alone and that makes somethings (like chest pain) a bit more scary.

the animals survived my abandonment but the bed buddies are a bit pissed. apparently i am not to fly out of here in the night and leave them without my company.
i almost had a real heart attack when the cab brought me home…$20 for a 10 minute ride in small town mission??? holy shit man, when did cab fares get so expensive???

oh well… i better call in for work and head off to bed….i am ok but bagged and the bed buddies are patiently waiting.

11 Comments on "shitty night."

• Alison says

How Scary!!! Glad you are ok !! Hope you are able to get some rest today 🙂

• Carol Ann says

Glad you are ok. 🙂

• Lory says

It must have been very scarey to go in by yourself but glad you got checked out. Take care.

• Emma says

Oh! Carol that must have been frightening. Glad to hear you are OK. And yes cab fares are outrageous in and out of the city 😮

• Nicole N says

Happy to hear you are ok Carol. Get some rest and let those bed buddies take care of you for the day.

Good God.. you’ll give me a heart attack. I think we should start a Yoga/Meditation class in the MG on nice days ( oh yea we may have to wait until spring of 2012 for those days )

• SteveO says

Maybe we should get you one of those panic help buttons that you wear around your neck……..Help Ive Fallen and I can’t get up…. :0…..;)…..glad your OK….;)

• Ernie says

Carol if you ever need help like that again you can call me and I’ll be there in a few minutes. Anytime.

• Brent says

A “panic help button” around Carole’s neck is no good, it would be a Mystic play thing to chew on. Anyhow, glad it was a false alarm and you are ok, well at least as good as you were before this episode.

• Sharon says

Did you know the Vancouver Sun has the article today? I just saw it online

• I think we need to get Carol a holiday.Seriously I think we need to send Carol on a mini vacation (I”m sure she wouldnt go anywhere very long and leave all her babies).Anyone interested in a save Carol mini vacation I think we need to take up collections.