5th annual Wishes 4 Whiskers Gala

Posted: July 21, 2011 at 8:38 pm

In total we have 150 tickets to sell, 19 tables that need sponsorship and about 100 saints animals needing sponsorship. Tickets are $60 each or a table of 8 for $400. If you cannot make it to the event you might like to help by sponsoring a table. It is $200 to sponsor a table or you can sponsor an animal at the table for whatever you can afford but I recommend at least $25 so you can receive a tax deductible receipt.

We have sold 5 full tables of tickets and a handful of individual tickets.

We have 10 of 19 tables sponsored and well still have all of the saints individual animals up for sponsorship as well.

Sponsorship
1. Guardian Angels
2 Pet Friendly Canada
3. Tonnell Management Services
4. A.W. McGarvey Law Offices
5. Mo Stead
6. Leila and Sheila Kullar
7. Dawn Gleadhill
8. Feline Fancies
9. Lory and Paul Reynolds
10. Cathy Koulouris

Photobucket

Here is Jenn’s post explaining the event and how the sponsorship works. Email events@saintsrescue.ca to buy tickets or sponsor a table.

29 Comments on "5th annual Wishes 4 Whiskers Gala"

• Ashley says

On an unrelated note… Merry persuaded me to take her shopping on our way back today and she bought herself a cute little shirt. Not that i don’t love her towel dresses with stylish belt…. But she needed something lighter for our warm weather coming. I left the towel dress on your dresser πŸ™‚

are those 5 tables including the ones me carol anne laura tammy and ko bought. carol annes 2 daughter and my daughter will also be coming. will get the money this weekend. i will either sponsor a table or some animals . will talk to jenn this weekend about it.

• Carol Ann says

Love it Ashley, we are so easily sucked in. Good for Merry and thanks.

• suzanne says

If it is ok with everyone who is closer than I am, I would like to sponsor Ziggy and Pops

• sheila says

Hi Lynne

No the 5 tables didn’t include your table because I wasn’t clear on whether you were still working on doing a full table or not – so I told Jenn only 5 full tables had been booked.

Sheila

• Emma says

I am about to write a cheque and send but I would like to add an additional $50 (to the cheque amount of $200 for the Pain In Ass table) for sponsorship of a Pain In The Ass animal too! Do you need two separate cheques or can I write one for $250. You get to pick which Pain In The Ass animal is worthy of the $50 sponsorship! Let me know and I will mail a cheque to Sheila asap. Also for the topper on the table Jenn mentioned that three photos can be sent in by the sponsor of that table so where do I email the photos too?

• Tammy says

There should be at least 8 individual sponsorships, I individually sponsored the eight medical room cats.

• leila says

Hi Tammy, I have a list of your 8 individual cats that you are sponsoring. Since Jen as so much to do, I am keeping track of the individual animal sponsorships. You can post on here which animals you would like to sponsor or email events@saintsrescue.ca Suzanne, you can sponsor Ziggy and Pops. More than one person/group can sponsor an animal.

Leila

• Tammy says

Thanks Leila. I just wanted to make sure the little gaggle of cats didn’t get lost.

• Bunny Horne says

Jenn, is there a list somewhere of which Saints have yet to be sponsored?
    I have $100 from a current rug hooking project that I will use to sponsor 4 SAINTS at $25 each. Who in the barnyard area is without a sponsor at the moment?

• leila says

I copied this over from my excel sheet so it didn’t copy over properly but this gives you a list of the animals living at SAINTS. I didn’t include any of the permanent fosters or the animals Carol has adopted. If this list is too messy, you can always go to “Our Animals” on the SAINTS website.

BUDGIES

Annie
    Caroline
    Elizabeth

TURKEY
    Crosby

• Helga says

Leila, I will sponsor The Rock, Mother Theresa, Cliff, Ewok and Smokie for $25 each.

• leila says

Got your list Helga – thanks!!!

but emma does not have to sponsor at least 8 animals. if she is sponsoring a table she is not sponsoring the animals, that is totally separate so she can sponsor 1 pain in the ass dog.

you forgot minnie pearl on your list bad bad leila

if i do not sponsor a table i want to sponsor esther, minnie pearl, shane, noelle and big bambi and theya for 200.00

• Emma says

Correct Lynne but which pain in the ass dog or cat is the question?! Too many to choose from!

• Emma says

My friends adopted Milton by the way so he is off the list!

• Emma says

Is Wynter a Hine now?? If not I can add her sponsor onto the sponsor table amount cheque I’m sending.

wynter is in her new home with tasha and i only said about you sponsoring one pain in the ass animal as i thought tammy said you had to sponsor 8 if you sponsored a table. sponsoring a table is different than sponsoring an animal. i had this little duscussion with jenn as i was not up to snuff on what was happening. emma do you have one special pain in the ass animal than sponsor them

how about mini me she is a pain in the ass lol or there is jerry but i really like him so for me he is not a pain in the ass. lol

• Barbara T says

Please post a list of all the present Shih heads/ Shih Tzu/mixes, my mini dog team, made up of 3 Shih Tzu and one Chi believe I shoud be able to sponsor them, possibly at our table – Tonnell Management Services.

Barbara T

• Charlotte says

I know I saw this mentioned somewhere but can’t find it now. Is there a table being sponsored by people who are too far to attend?

• Leila says

I have added Minnie Pearl onto the list and taken Milton off – thanks Lynne and Emma. I am sorry Barbara, I am not good at ID small dog breeds. If you go here:

you should be able to find the ShihTzu mixes. Tables can be sponsored by people who are too far to attend Charlotte. This is a perfect way for people who would like to attend but can not to be with the SAINTS animals in spirit. So far, we have three tables sponsors by out of town supporters.

Hope this helps.

Leila

• Tammy says

No Lynne. I said I was sponsoring 8 animals instead of a table.
    Getting confusing.

• Bunny Horne says

Jenn et al, short and sweet – Brent and I will sponsor the goats. I’ve got $100 and I wanted to sponsor a critter that wasn’t likely going to be sponsors. I love the goats and there are four of them so it’s a perfect fit. I doubt the goats are first on anyone’s list to sponsor.
    So we will sponsor:
    EDITH
    CHEWY
    GILBERT
    and PETE

Let me know if you prefer I mail a cheque to Sheila or if I can simply bring my $$$$ to SAINTS on a volunteer work day.

• Jenn says

Hi Barb, we many Shih Tzus– Bambi 1 (that is the tongue slinger :), Dorris (he is blind and every elderly), then there are the newest ones Jedi and Yoda (quite the charmers everyone is already in love with these 2 sweeties), Merry (currently suffering from a skin allergy is part Shihz). that is 5 πŸ™‚ Wow a table and 5 animals. That is fantastic barb thank you so much for your generous support. You should email me some pics that you would like on your table topper (max of 3) and a one-liner about why you supoort saints to put on the table topper: volunteer@saintsrescue.ca

• Jenn says

Hey emma I think Snickers is the cat for you to sponsor. He is a polydectal cat–extra toes and he likes to use his extra large paw to swat at any feline who dare get close enough to him. He is mostly sweet to the volunteers and staff but every once and a while I think he gets confused and swipes us too!