news

Posted: November 18, 2011 at 6:38 pm

i really like it when i go to all of the trouble to let EVERYONE out for a pee/poop when i get home. i feel good while they are all outside and i am cleaning up an animal-less floor, fluffing up animal-less beds, filling food and water bowls that don’t have animal faces in them….it is nice.

i let them all in and shoo them to their respective areas and grab my little lantern flashlight and head out to the yards to make sure i haven’t forgotten some little crippled soul who missed the in-coming rush and is still sniffing around and hanging out behind some corner far from my view.

once all are safely in and feeling deeply rescue satisfied, i sit down to read my email and sure as shit someone poops by my foot…god damn tricky little bastards..”OK…who just did that??!! you were all just outside!!!!!”

colin who sometimes comments here called me today..she has managed to twist the arms of some of her past co-workers and has scraped up $500 so far to put towards helping us take care of wilbur and charlotte’s needs…she says she is not done with the twisting of arms yet. thank you so much colin…you have an amazing generous and “pitter patter, lets get at ‘er” kind of heart!

some sad stuff is happening on the perimeter of saints…

lory and paul who are good friends to our animals and lory occasionally comments on the blog.. have just lost their beloved mackenzie…so sorry for your deep loss lory and paul…hugs to both of you.

kristy’s pathology came back..definitely cancer. she is now palliative but still doing well, laura is already formulating the spoiling of kristy days…kristy will pretty much get anything she wants for as long as she wants if laura has her way!

sad news from sheila and leila..scrappy crashed on them and a trip to both their vet and canwest revealed he has significant cancer. they are trying prednisone to try to give him a bit more quality time but tonight leila told me that while he seems comfortable…he still will not eat and for scrappy that’s huge. i think scrappy made a big impact on their lives, he is so unlike any other cat they ever knew..the problem with these larger than life cats is they leave larger than life holes sometimes too. take care you guys and thank you so much for giving scrappy a wonderful home…my fingers are crossed for all of you that scrappy gets hungry tonight and gets back to his usual food finding frenzy!

No Comments on "news"

• Ashley says

Carol, if you are needing any wire for the new pig plan, talk to me before you buy any! My dad can get you a deal!

• Leila says

Well he isn’t back to his eating frenzy, but Scrappy just ate some AD on his own – yeah!!! He also spent a few minutes grooming himself and rubbing his head up against my hand – marking me so he is definitely feeling better. Let’s hope it sticks.

• angekins says

Carol call me, just found out about Wilbur and Charlotte and I’ll go and get them myself with my work van, plenty of space and time, no problem – and thank you for taking them in again :)))

• suzanne says

OMG not Scrappy!?!? How on earth will little Lotus fare if they lose him? Their story/table tale made me weep more than once.

angela…i don’t have your number anymore…(haven’t a clue how to get them into my phone by myself)
    call me…604-339-5144. and do you have a ramp up into the van cuz they are too big to be lifting..i bet they are 5-600 pounds each now…i never did figure out exactly how you were going to get brad pitt into a van?…you must have a ramp?

not to worry suzanne..lotus and scrappy ceased to be so co-dependent when they got a great home.

lol..i can still see him holding her down in the hallway for her unwanted but patiently accepted nightly bath!…i think she was a bit relieved to get some personal space from over attentive uncle scrappy!

ashley…will do and thx!

• Bunny Horne says

Off Topic – Mo, we are bringing banana’s, grapes and strawberries for the barn dudes and ice cream for Carole and her little dudes.

• nicolemc says

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, make sure that none of the dogs get any grapes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Renee says

Carol, my show got switched to a Monday matinee so I can’t work πŸ™ just one more week though and I’m done the production so everything shall be back to normal.

• Bunny Horne says

No worries Nicole – the fruit is for the barn guys to go in their breakfast – none of the dogs will get grapes.

• Tammy says

I’m so sorry to hear about Scrappy. Thank you for giving him a great home, he is a very special guy. Good luck with the Prednisone, I think of it as a wonder drug. After my Polly got cancer it gave her three more weeks of a very spoiled life. It was like she wasn’t even sick.
    Spoil the big guy and give him a hug for me.

• Leila says

Tammy, we are hoping that we get 3 more weeks with Scrappy too. His appetite isn’t quite back to what it was but the rest of him is. I am so relieved that he will have some happy days again. Suzanne, as Carol said Lotus and Scrappy have become quite independent of each other so she will survive this crisis okay and she still has Little Face, our other little semi feral cat. Lotus has become quite plumb since her teeth were pulled and she is now “brrring” at us again for food.

• Tammy says

Hopefully his appetite will come back and he can have all the fancy feast and temptation treats he can handle.
    Take care.

• angekins says

Carol I’ll call you tomorrow! πŸ™‚ I do have a ramp but Brad was too wide for it and wouldn’t go near it anyway, hahaha…let’s see what we can do, love to help, talk to you tomorrow πŸ™‚