heads up…

Posted: January 2, 2013 at 9:41 pm

i am having a weird kind of medical test to follow up with my recent high blood pressure to check my adrenalin levels (wanna bet i do as much as i routinely do because they probably are a bit out of whack???)…and it has a couple of really rotten rules attached to it…no caffine, no tobacco products (this means… OH MY FREAKIN GAWD!!! cold turkey…no substitute nicotine patch), no alcohol, no antihypertensives or NSAIDS, no stress, no strenous physical activities… (to name a few)…nothing that might artificially effect my adrenal gland for three days prior to or during the 24 hours of the test.

so in short..for the next FOUR days, i am going to be very unhappy, sore and absolutely miserable in pretty much every single way.

best to stay far, far away.

scary_zps6096b930

(this has been a public service annoucement to keep everyone safe…my apologies in advance. i should be ok by tuesday when i can slap a patch back on.)

9 Comments on "heads up…"

• Barbara says

Two words…medical marijuana πŸ˜‰
    Good luck with the next four days. I hope everyone survives.

Love ya sis!

• Leila says

Love the angry face

• NicoleMcC says

Haha. Love the picture. I will hold off harassing you about emails or intake requests.

• Donna says

You’ve still got sense of humour, love the picture (at first I thought it was a new dog coming in!)
    It’s only 4 days, and maybe you will get some answers, so hang in there!!

Donna

• Bridget says

bloody hell… i’ve never HEARD of this kind of a test! that’s one vicious cold turkey. maybe someone should make you some brownies?

they have an unrealistic idea at trying to get an “accurate” reading by removing everything that stimulates it on a regular basis. O.o no stress, huh?

one of the weirdest things they’ve ever had me do was take polystyrene for high potassium. that was… interesting.

• erin says

shit i CANT stay away! ahhhh! jk. will be bringing my kids to work today, equal fair warning to you πŸ™‚

• Marla in SD says

There are reasons that we are taught to read from the top of the post down. But oh, no, not me! Instead I read the public service warning after looking at the picture and, as much as I truly have great admiration for wolves and their culture, had this horrible image of some terrible event happening at SAINTS! Guess my heart is started and ready to go for the day! Hope all goes well with your tests. Take care!

• Liana says

Put yourself in a bubble-only way you could possibly stop Life for 4 days. Good Luck!

• Kim says

Oh my gosh, Carol, ouch! You can do it. I know you can do it………..