hah! new incoming…someone to distract me for a bit.

Posted: April 2, 2013 at 9:12 pm

don’t yell at me, it’s penny’s fault

and don’t be shaking yer heads or banging them into a wall…

it is just a little lost bird.

it won’t grow up to be godzilla the rooster like nugget did.

this is just a full grown but little lost dove.

and i like little doves…

i had a couple when i was a kid.

14 Comments on "hah! new incoming…someone to distract me for a bit."

I had a couple doves as a kid also. Last summer 2 doves showed up on the dyke i saw them all the time..even watched them teach their young one to fly..just a couple weeks ago they showed up again. i thought they hadnt survived winter..so it was a nice durprise…whats herhis name

• Nancy says

After all your sadness and heartbreak of late, a little dove to bring you peace.
    I don’t think he was lost, I think he came looking for you πŸ™‚
    How fitting.

• jan says

I`ll trade you an ancient dog for a little lost dove|! lol

• janet nicholson says

Maybe it is a sign that everything will get better?

let me think on that jan….hmmm…no. πŸ™‚

• Bunny Horne says

I believe Nancy. You deserve a peaceful little dove in your life…that gentle coooing sound might calm the Odie howling.

• Lisa says

Is that the one from surrey?

• Penny says

No Lisa, my neighbour found it in his garden yesterday (on Hatzic Island). It’s a white dove, very tame. We think it’s one of those “release doves” that they use at weddings. This one probably got lost or disoriented and couldn’t find it’s way home. Apparently this happens quite often with these little doves. If left out in the wild, it would become an easy prey of eagles, hawks or cats (and there are a lot of those in Hatzic) because of it’s color.

How about Mecca for her name

• Penny says

I thought, as she/he has come to Carol, that Carol could have the honor of naming her/him?

i am thinking of calling him/her? “paris” cuz i just bought the sweet little thing a dove mansion.

and while i was at it..i found a great outdoor run for charley our little crippled rooster! (i am hoping that brent will put it together next time he is here.)

• Joyce says

Elizabeth, at Elizabeth’s Wildlife Center has dealt with numerous domesticated and wild doves. Her valuable expertise would be very helpful – if you need it. Is it banded?

penny called elizabeths wildlife before she contacted me..this is not a wild bird, it is a domestic bird and does not meet their wildlife mandate.
    not banded.
    i have cared for doves before so we are in my comfort zone.