we lost shane tonight.

Posted: August 29, 2013 at 9:40 pm

he had a major stroke. Dr katz met me at the clinic and she helped him to pass peacefully away.
rest in peace shane, you were a very kind and gentle soul.
love you.
 photo 7870_584828911540040_2129791454_n.jpg

20 Comments on "we lost shane tonight."

• NicoleMcC says

Oh no! We were just talking about him.
    I remember picking him up at the south Vancouver airport. They let me take him out of the kennel and we happily ran out of the airport. It was such a fantastic intro to such a great dog.

• Leila says

Wow, what a shock for you Carol. I don’t know many of the dogs at SAINTS personally but he seemed like such a softy. I am sure everyone at SAINTS is going to miss him terribly. Condolences to Dawn for her loss of Trudy and to Lindsey and Cam for their los of Marshmellow.

• janet nicholson says

I am so sorry you had to lose another good friend.

• erin says

Remember at first his name was North? Will definitely miss you Shane. Damn.

• d says

Run free Shane, you were a very good dog-so gentle.

He was a great dog..RIP Shane..sad days

• Renee says

Shit Shane, I was not ready to lose you 🙁 love you sweety.

i am glad i spent some time with him on wed. he was one of my favorite dogs. shit i am glad i got to meet him will miss you shane love you and be happy. he used to love going with me on short walks but lately i have had to leave right away . damn i wish i had 1 more walk with him. . big hugs to a great dog. so sorry carol.

• Elisabeth says

I remember Shane’s story (at least the Saints portion of it) well. My condolences to all who knew and loved him. RIP Shane.

• laura says

I remember a great pic Jenn took shortly after Shane arrived…..he was joyously running in the back yard and you could see the smile on his face….run free Shane…..

• Brenda Mc says

Oh no, really sorry to hear this. I know he’s been failing lately and I noticed a big difference in him last weekend, but he still was the first to want his canned food at lunch, and did all his usual antics while waiting for it. I will miss him in the house, always under foot.

• Lenore Henry says

So sorry to hear of the loss of Shane – thanks Carol for giving him a home he deserved.

Lenore Henry

• Bunny Horne says

RIP sweet boy – I’m glad I got to meet you.

• Angela says

RIP, beautiful Shane. Condolences to all who loved him.

• Debra says

RIP Shane. So sorry to see you gone. But he was in a happy place at Saints

• AnnC says

Lovely, lovely dog……sweet dreams Shane, hugs to you Carol.

• Cam says

RIP shane, and many grateful hugs to all at SAINTS for taking him in when all others failed him

• Laurie says

So sorry for your loss Carol and SAINTS! Such a lovely, gentle boy.Thanks again for giving him the chance to live out his life the way he should have in the first place!! RIP sweet Shane!! 🙁

• Susan H says

Oh no, such sad news. I’m so sorry for your loss of Shane. I am so grateful I got to meet him. Such a sweetheart. He was a very lucky boy to have found you. Dawn I’m so sorry about Trudy too…. 🙁

• Priscilla says

Shane, I love you and will always miss you. Thank you for your love and friendship.