wanda was euthanized today

Posted: December 29, 2013 at 5:26 pm

from what tammy described to me on the phone today..it sounded like maybe she had a stroke. it could also have been that her horrible kidneys finally gave up the ghost. but in any case she stopped eating today and was having trouble moving and sorting herself out. this ancient and frail little cat has been palliative since her arrival here several months ago..i was just waiting until she figured it out.

wanda was a very sweet cat and she was a strong survivalist too. right up until last night she was at me demanding immediate food service…wanda was not one to miss a meal at any time.

rest in peace wanda..your body may have given out but you had a heart as strong as a lion inside.

wanda

9 Comments on "wanda was euthanized today"

• Curt says

I noticed she was even having trouble standing today. Your right, she was a sweet little cat

• erin says

rest peacefully beautiful wanda. you ll not be forgotten.

• Renee says

Aww goodbye you beautiful girl <3

• J Koes says

i had a brief encounter with her at new west animal shelter and she’s probably the most charismatic cat i’ve met in my life. thanks for making the last months of her life so peaceful! just looking at her picture at the end of your blog (as compared to the one i took back in summer when she was in the shelter — https://scontent-a-sea.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/970814_664266813585361_689150169_n.jpg) i know she was really happy at SAINTS. rest in peace, beauty.

• Carly says

She looked identical to a cat my friend had go missing a few years ago.Her name was Ginger and liked to talk alot!

• Helga says

This picture doesn’t do her justice. She was a lovely striking deep orange colour with the most amazing orangey yellow eyes. Nothing pale or washed out about this kit. Miss ya,Wanda.

• penny says

Sweet Wanda – I loved that little cat. She had so much soul. Glad I had a chance to say goodbye to her today. She was so sick, she didn’t even want cuddles. Sleep gently, lovely girl.

• shawn says

RIP Wanda…you will be remembered for your spirit and you cuddles

• Margie says

We can’t thank you enough for taking Wanda in. It warms my heart to know this little fighter girl received top-notch, wonderful care during her last few months. Beautiful Wanda, rest in peace.