no mercy for mercy

Posted: June 3, 2015 at 7:28 am

mercy was the poor Manitoba commercial farm pig that managed to escape, cut and bruised into a field. she was returned to the Manitoba pork council and despite several offers to buy her at market value and pay for all transportation costs by several farm sanctuaries, on Monday she was shipped south for slaughter.

I am thinking the Manitoba pork council was sending the public a message…it was not a very good message.

rest in peace mercy, the Manitoba pork council decreed….there is no mercy on earth for pigs…

10 Comments on "no mercy for mercy"

• Fiona says

How sad

• Penny says

So sad – and it makes me angry when there were alternatives to Mercy being slaughtered. She’s one pig who could have been saved.

• Fiona says

After I read this I sent them an email.

Fiona can you share the E-mail add you used ?….This breaks my heart.

• Wendy Scott says

That’s terrible and sad that she could not have been saved

• Fiona says

You bet Mo, it was

• Wendy Scott says

I just sent an email as well to the Manitoba pork council , makes me mad at their heartless decision

• anja peterson says

On its website, the Manitoba Pork Council insists the sale of this pig was outside of its scope, i.e., it was up to the original or intended caretaker. What are the most effective means to combat such heartless practice?

• Carol A. says

oh no! i just can’t believe with all the offers they still said no!

• what a disgrace people r i could use a few choice words but i wont. i see it everywhere. i just went up to my sons place by prince george for my grandsons graduation it was beautiful but they r hunters they had a pig roast thank god i did not see the pig when it got there. it was alive and was slaughtered that day it made me sick to my stomach, but they have no problem. they know how i feel i have to live with that or lose my son they see no problem with the whole thing i see a beautiful creature who has a life that suddenly did not have one alive one day unaware of its fate and the next day on someones plate. i was pissed off cause some one said we should put a grad cap on the pig they thought it was funny i was sickened by the whole thing. life is not fair. people obliterate everything around them. as i saw in facebook life is for every living thing not just human life maybe humans could actually learn something from this. i really dont hold much hope that humans can learn and be compassionate towards anything, themselves included.