just a reminder about the sponsoring of a table for the saints fall fundraiser…

Posted: June 2, 2010 at 8:18 pm

sponsoring the cost of a table (venue, catering, printing, center peices, linens, dishes,..$200 per table) by a group or a business means the cost of the event goes down for us and more of the money that is brought in by the event can go directly to our vet accounts. folks who are too far away to attend can get a group of friends or their employers together to sponsor one of the tables dedicated to an animal of their choice…this helps all of the animals at saints. toss the idea around at work and with your friends and family…who knows?..if 20 people all chip in 10 bucks or 10 people chip in 20 bucks, or 40 people chip in 5 bucks, or even 200 people chip in 1 buck each…… another table for saints gets sponsored!
hey..some of the blog readers could ban together and create a blog sponsor table. it is all about using our imaginations and pooling our pennies together to meet a goal for the animals at saints!

i can spare 10 bucks for a blog sponsored table…anyone able to join me???

we all love these guys, but love ain’t enough to keep them happy and well. if we do not get some serious money down on our vet accounts, everyone here is going to be in big trouble.
leila is going to re-post the poster for me so folks can print them off and spread them around.

Wow within less than 24 hours we have had a great response and now in whole or part 19 out of 19 tables are sponsored!! INCREDIBLE. You are the best blog readers ever! There are some tables which need some more contributions so if you or your friends still want in just say so in the comments. Due to popular demand we have taken away a limit on the table amount …. so you can contribute to your heart’s content. The Table “anima(s)” are not set in stone so get creative, negotiate with your fellow co-sponsors to get an animal you want in the table or to combine some table … have fun! (Jenn).

1. The Rock will host a table all .“THE BLOG TABLE” each of the following are chipping in $10-Carol, Hillevi, Amy D., Juls, Spot Family:  Lynne, Scott Sophie, Max, Spot, Louise Z.; Amy ?, Louise ?, Brenda, and Charlotte. Barbra T (a self professed blog-addict) is throwing in $40.00.  Total: $200

the Rock

2. The other FeLV cats (Mama T, Brianne, Louise and Miranda, and Murray) will host their own table.Each of the following are donating …  Louise, Amy D. and Hillevi $10.00 each and Kim $20.00. Helga is putting in $100 for her favorite saints kittes. Leslie wants to contribute to any table that needs more funds so with that easy going attitude she is should sponsor these easy going sweeties for  $20. Total $170
Mama TBrianne
Miranda and LouiseMurray

3. Our 19 year old puppy “Little Miss Molly” will be there. Thanks to Mauro Salles who is in for $200.
Molly

4. Allister our 15 year old fence jumping farm dog will have his very own table. Thanks to our great saints foster family–Dawn and Hanna  with $200
Al

5. Giddeon gentle white knightand oldest saint at 35 is brought to the Gala event goers by Lory who is contributing the $200  because Giddeon wanted it so.
Giddeon

6. There will be a Memorial Tablewith Suzanne donating $65 on behalf of her 13 darlings who have crossed the rainbow bridge, Barbra T. sending $45 in memory of her 3 seniors pets who have also passed away.  Karen would like to contribute $30 in memory of saints Buddy and Sissy. Because she misses the little buggar–Lynne with $50 in memory of former sains Copper. Total $190
MGMG

7. The Goatsare gonna get a table: Chewie, Gilbert, Pete, and Edith thanks to the former saint Merridith and her family (Cheryl and Stef) who will put in $100 .
Chewiegilbert

PeteEdith

8. Mo (and her Family?) are making sure the Piggies have a table (Ellie, Herman and Tuni) with $180 Cheryl is putting in $20 towards this table.  Total:$200

ellie maeHerman

Tuni

9. Annette Durante from JRFM (our MC from last year and our MC for this year again) is going to sponsor a table $200 … for whom though?

10. Sheila and Leila are in for a table $200 … for?

11. The “meanest” cat at saints … our trailer park king Frodowill be at the gala in spirit with the help of Xine (for her Emmakat) –$100, her co-worker Donna $20; and Jenn H. $20. Total: $140
Frodo

12. Sierra Distributions and Kathy Kelm will buy a table $200… for ?saint(s)

13. Lana the owner of Shake-a-Paw would like to buy a table for the diabetics:  Angel, Casper, Dusty, Griffin … and with her $100 Laura brings Lucky and … their friend Reggie for the for the BLIND SAINTS +1 Reggie Table. Total $300
AngelCasperDusty

Griffinluckyreggie

14. The crazy Kodi bear will be there in part thanks to his greatest fans–Anne and  Tony who will put in $100 and Colleen Bridges  is in with $100 and to bring the bed buddies to this table for “Kodi and the Bed Buddies Table”… Total: $200
Bed buddies in full forceKodi

Kodi and bed buddies

15. Former saints  Shrek and Fionna (from LA) would like to sponsor their LA sista Jenny, their mom Nicole will write the cheque for $200 and Colleen Bridges(Larry’s new fosta mama) would like to give $100 to have the other LA lady Lola and obviously unhairy Larry and former sainstf from LA Bridgette, abe, Fluke (and Shrek and Fi) all equal the
LA SAINTS CREW TABLE (past and present). Total $300
lolaJennylarry

16. The Bunnies will need a table tooso Louise z. will contribute $20 towads a bunny table $20
Bunny Room

17. The Medical Room(aka shy guy room) today includes: the cats–Bobby Brown, Cali, Lilith, Sidney, Charlie, and Ruby … as well as the dogs: Doris and Yoshi). Pam and Tannis are each throwing in $10. Louise Z is in for $40 towards that table. Kim is in it for Doris and Yoshi with $20 and Tammy is team cat with $140. Total $220
Bobby BrownCail

LilithSydney

Yoshi and Doris

18. Dixie Chickour feral Carol-hating furball is gonna be there for all the wild souls out there as per Cathie K. with $200
Dixie

19. Angela calls dib on a table to be decided later by her, she can do that because she is sending in $200

*TABLE  TRADING*

(post your offers/suggestions in the comments and I–Jenn–will summarize here for others to look and shop around with)

KO wants to give saints $50 if the Ducks and the Chickens can have a table … how about Rock join his friends the FeLV cats (so far one blog contributor is ok with this) OR look the Bunny Table could use some more money … maybe they could unite and create an “anti-easter day” table.

**ATTENTION TAMMY RE: The Pheobe has no table conspiracy

oh now TAMMY is quite desperate to get a certain Red Whirling Wonder at a table ..

here are 4 options I present:

1. change the table to a table for KODI and PHEOBE … perhaps a MISFITS or MISUNDERSTOOD table or

2.  as I personally have seen pheobe on the bed once (and have a picture to prove it … in fact.  Here look I put one on a recent blog post http://www.saintsrescue.ca/wordpress/?p=7636. (Kodi and her were arguing about it) … can pheobe be with Kodi and the bed buddies? Kodi’s  Bed Buddies and a Pheobe Table

3. Pheobe could join Frodo’s table in some way … hmmm he is the meanest cat and she is the meanest dog … YES it is the MEAN but we love ’em table… although lana thinks that they could be joined together by an affinity for the same food. I eat Frodo’s  food table

4. Pheobe could join Al’s table .. It could be the We don’t like eachother but we like Tammy table  or the Tammy plays ball with us  table.

**HINT** if you really, really want a table for someone special Sheila (our event chair) still has not choosen her animal host … but knowing her as a pro saints fundraiser … she can easily be swayed by your cheque books. Perhaps your dollars could make her see the cents … i mean sense of having your favorite for her table.

Mauro is looking for company for her “Little Miss Molly” table … what about an OLDest ancient SAINTS table: Molly (the oldest dog at 19) .. Gideon could come over here (if Lory … I mean if he wanted to) … we could add Stripe (oldest cat at 23) … some suggestions

Carol thinks we should have a pain in the ass table which would include: kodi, perdy, jesse, phoebe, reggie, esther, JOEY, the pissing fruit loop bastards, CONAN the dryer hose wrecking BARBARIAN cat, sidney (the pinky and the brain little innocent looking monster bunny) and squirt who pees on all the other dogs! Colleen B thinks JOEY should not be on this list … he should be on a table for the CUTE DOGS … and maybe Tammy could get phebs at that table … if it existed. oooo snap.  … and Jerry is a given for any meany or pain in the ass table

Cathie K–founder of the Dixie Chick Table … is willing to let any saint join who embodie’s Dixie’s wild spirit …

FYI Pheobe says: I should get my own table because you put me in this stoopid cheetah coat … no but seriously I should be in on a BEEN AT SAINTS 5 years + table .. hello permanent sanctuary dog here … who is tableless. Shame on you!
Phebs

106 Comments on "just a reminder about the sponsoring of a table for the saints fall fundraiser…"

• carol. I would like to sponser a table(200) Would it be possible to put it in Dixie Chick’s name, For all the cats of her ink,like Oscar Wilde and Sharla.you may pick up the money order from Dr Loff’s any time after the weekend.If Jenn wants young photo’s of Dixie I have some.C.Koulouris…..N.B that will be a vertual table no way of me getting there.C

• Angela says

We’re in (if we’re not too late!). We’ll sponsor a table too… if it’s okay, we’ll figure out who it’s for later! PayPal payment coming.

• Lory says

Yes, Jenn. Gideon wanted me to pay the full amount….I can tell! Kisses to Gid….

• Helga says

You forgot to add my $100 to the FeLV crew – see ccomment #17. I’m dropping the cheque off at SAINTS tomorrow when I go up.

• Charlotte says

If you count my 10 for the Rock, his table’s paid for!

• Jenn says

*Pam and Tannis I am going to add your $10 to the our shy guy Medical Room if that is ok …

*Cathie K … I love that you thought of Dixie Chick she really is a cool cat. Yeah if you have some younger pics that would be great you can email them to me at jennhine@hotmail.com

*Lory … Gideon is grateful that you obeyed his wishes … now is thinking about getting an apple … but it has not happened for him yet. DARN.

*Angela … you got the last table spot.. close call. You can choose your saint(s) up until the first week of August.

**If I missed anyone please let me know***

• Tammy says

I’ll pick up the last $140 to complete the medical room cats.

• Amy Dalgliesh says

I would love to see a table for those that are so good we don’t necessarily hear much about them. We all know the squeaky wheels get the grease and I would like to see those that don’t squeak be recognized. Also, what about making a table in honor of your personal animals, after all they share their people graciously….they at least deserve an honorable mention!

• sheila says

We were going to pick Sidney but I went back saw that he has a sponsor with the other rabbits so – so we can add the $200 to their table – OR – if Carol would like she can pick a SAINT that most resembles me in character and we will sponsor that animal.

• Kim says

Put me in for another $20. Ten for my little sweetie, Doris and 10 for my prancing pony- Yoshi. I’ll put it in Reggie’s room again, tomorrow.
    Yes, xine- Frodo can be a big meanie, if he so chooses, like scratching up my son’s arms cause Matthew did not pet him up to snuff… jeez, he was more like Gollum than Frodo. But, when I walk wee doggies, he follows us around, sweetly, with a little halo atop his head.

• Colleen Bridges says

Holy crapola…the spots are gone while I was trying to decide my SAINT! I didn’t know you could dibs them! Obviously I would have picked Larry…but he’s coming home with me mwahahaha!

So we need to brainstorm some way to open up for more donations. It’s obvious there’s some very generous folks out there! Maybe you could up the sponsorship of each table to $300 – then more people could contribute?

What about the bed buddies? Or Perdy? And I’d pitch money in for Griffin’s leaky butt! I think Mandy and Max should have a spot. What about fat Suzie? She’d be horrified to miss out on dinner…aw hell, how can we leave any of them out?

• K.O. says

What a great response from everyone, but I did notice that my very special friends Floyd,Edwina,Quiet,Helga and Jerome have been missed from the tables. I will be sending a50.00 donation on behalf of my feathered friends!

• Jenn says

OK HOW ABOUT THIS:

the money is for the saints and their very expensive VET HABIT lol. So we will not put a limit on the table amounts then … and people can just add as much as you want.

I have a suggestion … can we add rock to the other FeVL? that way we can create a table for KO’s loves our quacky little chicks and ducks: Jerome, Helga, Floyd, Edwina and Quiet?

What do you guys? think??? “Rock/THE BLOG TABLE” supporters get the call

I am sorry that each and every saint does not have a table … there is only 19 tables … anyother suggestions by people to accommodate College B’s guilt … as she must look at these animals on saturday and tell them that she did not know you could’t call “dib” other wise it looks like she would have emptied her bank account! lol. It was the same thing last year when carol did the table tails … she had to choose. I know the rest are homeless and table-less … awe.

RE: In memory of a pet (you can definately do that just let us know the name of your beloved friend).

• Karen says

$30.00 in honor of Buddy and Sissy at the in memory of table. I miss hearing about and seeing pictures of those two sweethearts. sending a cheque.

• Colleen Bridges says

Thanks Jenn – that makes me feel better!

Do you think we could add Lola to Jenny’s LA table to round out the crew? Larry will kick in $100 for that. (look – he’s already spending my money and he’s not even here yet) Sorry, Nicole – do you mind?

I’ll also add the remaining $100 to Kodi’s. Frankly, I’m worried nobody else will. I joke, I joke…

• Jenn says

I am certain Jenny, Nicole, Shrek and Fi will be down for that … (and Tammy will be happy Lola is at table this year even if Pheobe is not).

Awe Kodi … the other four-leggers may not like you but by golly you’ve got this saints volunteers cleaning up after you, taking you home for sleep overs and speanding their retirement funds on you … what is your secret?

• Colleen Bridges says

Jenn I just saw your comment about turning Kodi’s table into the bed buddies. I’m up for it if Ann is!

• jenn says

WHO IS “Pet Friendly Canada” we got a paypal donation and think it is for a table but don’t know who they want to sponsor … and we may be out of tables …

i would like to put in 50 for copper at the memorial table. miss that little bugger.

can we not put perdy and bailey at someones table too.

• Ann says

I think it’s very appropriate that Kodi herd up his buddies & share his table!

• Angela says

Hi Jenn, “Pet Friendly Canada” is me! That is, Angela, who got the last remaining table.

Anyone have suggestions on who to sponsor? We were thinking of either Mandy & Max, or Esther, or …?

• Louise says

In response to #63, Jenn’s suggestion to add Rock to the FELV table, I donated to both tables so that is fine with me.

• Jenn says

ATTENTION ANNE AND COLLEEN … you may have a counter offer … TAMMY would like to give some money and either change the table to a table for KODI and PHEOBE … perhaps a MISFIT or MISUNDERSTOOD table …

Or I personally have seen pheobe on the bed once (and have a picture to prove it … in fact. Kodi and her were arguing about it) … so can pheobe be with the bed buddies?

TAMMY (and Phebs) does this suite you? Phebs I know you are precious and beautiful and deserve your own table but Tammy didn’t love you enough to dream you up a table in her sleep last night while this post was created.

***THIS IS FUN***

*Lynne I miss that little copper-top too!

*Thanks Angela. Just let us know when you decide no rush the decision is yours.

• Mauro Salles says

(1) Partial list of forgotten, disowned, banished, abandoned: :):):)
    => Bond, Conan, Eddie, Endora, Tula.
    => Andy, Joey, Maude, Gwen, Bibi, Dusty, Esther, Max, Reggie, Phoebe.
    => Carl Elliot, Joy, Percy, Emily.

(2) Molly is sad and lonely, looking for company!!! (:

(3) Why not a SAINTS former´s table? Banjo, Chance, Tinkerbell …

(4) How to rearrange the members of each table? I don’t know!!! I have no idea!!! Good luck !!! 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂

• nicole says

Jenny will be happy to share her table with her LA friends (past and present).
    Bridgette, Abe,
    Shrek, Fi, Fluke
    Lola, Larry, Jenny

can we have a pain in the ass table?..that would fit kodi, perdy, jesse, phoebe, reggie, esther, JOEY, the pissing fruit loop bastards, CONAN the dryer hose wrecking BARBARIAN cat, sidney (the pinky and the brain little innocent looking monster bunny) and squirt who pees on all the other dogs! why does he do that????

• lana says

Hey Tammy Phoebe at Frodo’s table for dinner is perfect…since she is always in his trailer anyways stealing all his soft food!!

• Colleen Bridges says

Oh Carol brought her A-game! I like the ‘Pain in the Ass’ table…Or we could do ‘Phoebe, Kodi and his flock’. But Joey is sweet as candy so how come he’s in with the hooligans?

Oh wait – I might like the Meanie table the best. Can Jesse join? I’ll let the bosses decide.

Jenn I’m glad you think this is fun. I was concerned people were getting annoyed!

• Jenn says

I would be willing to move frodo to a “pain in the ass” table except its up to Xine (and emmakat) who contributed 6X the dough as me … and also as we know Frodo does not share very well … that is why he has his own trailer.

Re: Joey … he does a million cute things to glamour you so you do not NOTICE his jerk behavior …

and if I know Tammy she would never put Phoebe at a meany table .. she is also GLAMORED by her phebs …

• lana says

Laura was feeling bad not getting in on a table so she made me an offer….. since everyone who is blind is at my table could Lucky get in on it too and then also could Lucky be a good friend and bring her MP neighbor Reggie…he gets lonely always at home alone…..I said ok but that will cost you $100..she said sure!

jerry needs in on any meanie or pain in the ass table

• xine says

No no Frodo can’t be moved to a pain in the ass table, he has to stay mean. But yes to Phoebe sharing the table because if she has glamour ability despite her meanness, then that is in keeping with the spirit of that table. “Mean and we love them”. Obviously Frodo is loved too if he gets his own trailer, and Jenn hearts him! And if Jerry is loved and has glamour then ok too.

• xine says

Also if the meanie table gets lots of fans, the 20 bucks from Donna my co-worker can move to another table, since she is just wanting to help old animals not specifically mean.

• Jenn says

XINE I like it … but jerry has no GLAMOR abilities what so ever … only biting my hand really hard and growling at everyone except CAROL abilities. OK so the table is now called “The Mean and we Love them” table

TAMMY … would pheobe like to join Frodo at the “MEAN and we love them table?”

Sweet Perdy would also fit this table because she is mean to all the other dogs but she has a soft kissable head, a very waggy tail and the zoomiest zooomies of all saints.

• Tammy says

Phoebe is willing to share a table. She has the ability to work well with others.

• Helga says

Nobody has mentionned Percy and his girls. And Carl and the sheep. I’ll give $20 toward a cud-chewers’ table. And Frodo’s stowaway abilities should be recognized. If he had a truck to go with that trailer he’d be King of the Road.

• Jenn says

Cathie … thats great pics with the donation works great and then I can scan them into my computer and then mail the originals back to you and hopefully Carol can remember to grab that at the next vet appointment … lil big buds i think?

• cheryl and stef says

the goats are still waiting for someone to share their table….poor Chewie, Pete, Gilbert and Edith, They would love some company at their table…

okay can we get a bigger place and have more tables. lol we should put bailey with the barn animals table. that way he may get to love them. glad luchy can be at a table and perdy would be good at the mean table because she really is very lovable under the right circumstances ie her being the centre of attention with no other canine bodies around. and tyra and maude should have their own special place after putting up with sharing carol all these years. i would like to put in another 10 for jewel at the memorial table.

luchy is supposed to be lucky. i am typing in a dark room so guessing as to where the letters really are. duh

• Amy Dalgliesh says

I have donate to Rock’s and the FeLV’s table and am fine with combining them. Actually, if they exceed the amount, I am fine with my donation being moved to whatever table needs to be bumped up.

• Jenn Hine says

**Cheryl and stef … helga had a suggestion … a “cud chewing table” … so taht percy, em, joy, carl and the sheep can attend i can tell you that percy is very sad taht he has not been invited. Helga would put $20 towards this table …

**great Amy so far there are two who support that idea

**Lynne I will add that great.

**everyone one please note that if/when this post is burried with new posts you can easily find this post categorized under “event info” …also I want to challenge the table sponsors to come with some great catchy names for their tables!!! Also for the people dropping off their money at SAINTS this weekend I will put an envelope in the office (aka Reggie’s home) on the desk please make sure your name and table are with it. See you saturday and I will help clean the cat/dog room off the kitchen because Lynne is still gimpy … ice that knee.

• Lory says

Is anyone else finding over 90 entries confusing? Maybe I just need a cup of coffee.

If Gideon is now at the “Golden Oldies” table, give him the head chair as he must be the oldest and deserves the honour!

• Angela says

MAURO… I have table #19 and yet to be decided who to sponsor — but I see that Helga wants to start up a new table for the cows / sheep, and Carol wants a ‘pain in the ass’ table too.

So… I would be willing to give up my table so that a new one can be started… and combine with you for perhaps an “ancient SAINTS” table like Jenn suggested. With Molly, Gideon (if Lory is OK with it), Stripe … and others maybe (whichever animals can be considered ‘ancient’ in this very old animal rescue!). What do you think?

• Jenn;
    Frodo may join…he’s a wild one…I’ve always loved his spirit..(he’s no meanie:just using his self actuliztion skills) we were told he bits But that never happened.Again;The table’s open to all,come on down…..C

• Dammit: No freaking spell check ..forgot the “A” in actualization..c

• Jenn Hine says

I agree that the 100 enteries are confusing … I was on here for 6 hours yesterday and am now sleep deprived trying to sort them out … Angela also seems to have them sported out too.

So I think we will move forward with creating a “Golden Oldies table” with the 3 eldest saints …

and a “cud eating table” for the sheep/cows/llama/goats.

Frodo must stay a Meanie as per his largest financer, XINE

And if Rock joins the FelV then we can creat a “Pain in the ass table”

Angela your table would still be open for selection

**If anyone has any objections just let me know. I want to make everyone happy!!!

• xine says

Oh dear, well if it makes more sense to move Frodo please do. If so, could half my support go to the memorial table for my mean cat, then half to wherever frodo ends up?

• Mauro Salles says

** YEAH !! ENTRY 100 !! **

JENN ==> Please, post a new topic. And check out Maggie’s comment #12 on “OM freaking G!!!!!”.

JENN/ANGELA ==> Just in case, table 3 is now The Golden Oldies table. Right ???