sidney (our incredibly sweet and determined 20 year old cat)

Posted: July 22, 2010 at 8:03 pm

has passed away. i found her stretched out in her bed after work today. we all knew it was really close but she was still eating up a storm…i thought i might need to book her appointment on my lunch break tomorrow because i thought the whole weekend til monday would be too far away.

rest in peace sidney, you were an amazing girl and i am glad that you decided to end your life peacefully in the home that i know you loved…i just wish i was there with you before you decided to go.

love you sid…i am going to really miss you, the medical room won’t be the same.

SidneySidney

SidneySidney

8 Comments on "sidney (our incredibly sweet and determined 20 year old cat)"

• Lynne & Scott (and Spot, of course) says

I can’t help but well up for each passing at SAINTS. These are animals I don’t even know, but for Carol’s blog. Even so, the emotions come to the surface when I think of the life (or not) each of these animals could have had if not for the caring hands and hearts at SAINTS.

• Tammy says

Going to miss Sidney, she had a quality and look about her that reminded me of my Jonesy. Sorry I wasn’t there to see her today.

• Poppy says

Sounds like a very sad day at SAINTS.. You have my condolences Carol 🙁

• jezebel says

Awww….RIP Sidney. Thanks for giving her a safe and loving place to land, Carol.

• Mauro Salles says

Oh, God! Was Sidney the cat who came to SAINTS this year, literally destroyed??? Gingivitis, renal disease, thyroid problem, rotten teeth, emaciated???

• Shawna says

Thank you Carol and all of Saints for giving Sydney lots of love and food for the time she was there.She s finally at peace.

• Tammy says

Yes, Sidney was one destroyed looking cat. Every time I was in there and she was sleeping I had to look closely to make sure she was still breathing.
    However she could still motor around pretty damn well, especially if there was food coming her way.

• Sherrie says

Rest well Sidney and be whole.