november 11th is still on for the finishing touches on the bunny room

Posted: November 8, 2006 at 9:32 pm

if anyone is available…we just have to build the actual pens and then the little guys can finally be free! let me know who is coming so i have enough food and drinks on hand.

12 Comments on "november 11th is still on for the finishing touches on the bunny room"

• Jean says

My tools and I will be there. Hopefully, we will have someone with visual-spatial skills.

• nicole says

i will be there with some m&m brownies.
    what time are we planning on starting at?

• Jean says

I plan to be there by 9:00. If we get the bunny room finished, there are several other tasks – the tree across the fence at the back of the lower meadow needs to be removed and the fence repaired; I need to build a tool rack for the barn utensils; hay mangers for the stable by the front fence…. and I’m sure Carol has a long list for us, too. And, of course, everything always takes twice as long as I expect!

i am ordering the materials for the bunny room today….i made the list myself!
    but if you need more for the other things, ya better let me know!

• nicole says

you could always pick up some 1.5 inch (i think) u-hooks, incase we feel like fixing some of the fencing.

• Jean says

Carol, I think we will need either some of those L-shaped brackets or a bit extra 2×4 to make support braces for the corners of the rabbit pens (not sure if you included that in your design).

Each hay manger for the stable will probably take about 12′ of 2×4, but I haven’t measured it up, and we may be able to use the bits left over after we cut stuff up for the rabbit room. So as long as you allowed a bit extra for the rabbit room, we’ll probably be okay.

I don’t think we need anything special to fix the fence at the back.

For the tool rack in the barn, we need two bungie cords that stretch to a maximum of 42″ (two 36″ cords would be good) and four of those eye lag screws unless I can steal four of the ones we used for the temporary sheep pen the other night. I have the wood already.

If you want me to install a second gate in the barn, I’ll need one more set of heavy-duty latches, and I think we decided to install a second set on the sheep’s gate.
    Oh, and one piece of 1×2″ wood, 48″ long, to finish the latch side of that gate – unless there’s a piece out by the garage.

• Jean says

Hmmm… is there a way to edit one’s comments? I meant we need heavy duty hinges, not latches (I have a spare latch).

• nicole says

Jean, login like you are going to post and then view your comment and you will be able to click edit at the top of the posting.

the materials are being delivered before saturday morning…i have to say, those guys at fraser valley building supply are wonderful, i showed them my crappy drawing and voila…we got a supply list…great discount today and free delivery too…jean come by and check the invoice and i can run down tomorrow for the extra hinges and whatever.

i am off to run the dogs and then clear a spot out in the garage.
    ernie and pat just brought out some food and ernie said every time they come here the place just looks better and better (he liked the new roofs, i am so glad someone actually noticed them)…they do look very nice and they don’t leak anymore  too!

• Maureen says

I’ll be out but we are picking the fridge from downtown Vancouver at 10 & are hoping to stop 7 get hay on the way back.. if they are open. So I probably won’t get there until noon

• Jean says

Okay….just got home…I need a scotch, some food, and some time with my dogs and then I’ll come over and look at the invoice (and your drawing) and figure out if we have everything we need.
    Gawd I hate Thursdays – too long a day. Why didn’t I win that big lottery last night??????

i didn’t win either but then i forgot to buy a ticket so i didn’t expect to win. i hope someone won who likes old, wrecked,leaky and homeless animals…that would be nice!