wilbur died early this morning before we could get into the vet

Posted: September 17, 2007 at 11:11 am

i thought for a few moments he actually was better and the meds were beginning to work, his breathing settled down, he gave a big long stretch and made himself more comfortable and then he went to sleep and he died.

9 Comments on "wilbur died early this morning before we could get into the vet"

• Chris T says

I will miss Wilbur. He was my favourite SAINT. Rest in peace little one.

• wendy says

Aw; poor Wilbur; sounds like he saved you the sadness of making the choice for him.Hugs.

• Rae says

I’m glad he went peacefully, without a struggle. Rest in Peace Wilbur, you are going to a place where the colors are vivid and there is no pain.I’m sorry Carol I know you’ll miss him alot.

• Cheryl says

My thoughts are with you Carol. Lately things have been quite depressing for your long term babes. I hurt for you and can only try to feel your pain…

• Angela from NY says

sorry for yet another loss carol. I finally was able to get your saints video to play on my mac and I am still shedding tears. It was so touching. It was sad to see how many have been lost since even that was made. It must be tough. It was really beautiful though and the effect of the “in memory section” was especially beautiful. You are all very special.

• Diane says

So many sad blogs lately on SAINTS. I’m so sorry you had to go through another painful day Carol. It sounds like little Wilbur went very peacefully. I could almost see him giving that little stretch before he fell asleep. I can’t imagine how you feel losing so many in such a short time. I lost my Sparky and I thought I couldn’t go on without him and he was only ONE! You have had to see so many loved ones leave this world. Rest in peace Wilbur and may you find all your long-time pals to play with once again. Hugs to you Carol and all of SAINTS volunteers who loved Wilbur as well.

The cat/little dog room will not be the same without Wlbur. I will miss him so very much. I am glad he went at home with all the familiar smells & sounds . So sorry Carol. Go softly Wilbur many many will think of you often.

• Deb says

All Is Well

Death is nothing at all,
    I have only slipped into the next room
    I am I and you are you
    Whatever we were to each other, that we are still.
    Call me by my old familiar name,
    Speak to me in the easy way which you always used
    Put no difference in your tone,
    Wear no forced air of solemnity or sorrow
    Laugh as we always laughed at the little jokes we enjoyed together.
    Play, smile, think of me, pray for me.
    Let my name be ever the household world that it always was,
    Let it be spoken without effect, without the trace of shadow on it.
    Life means all that it ever meant.
    It it the same as it ever was, there is unbroken continuity.
    Why should I be out of mind because I am out of sight?
    I am waiting for you, for an interval, somewhere very near,
    Just around the corner.
    All is well.

Henry Scott Holland
    1847-1918

• Holly Y says

Good bye little Wilbur. I only met you once, last Sunday, but you were pretty special.