early shift sucks!

Posted: August 16, 2012 at 5:07 am

mya did ok for her first night…she shared some of my pasta dinner. i stayed up late with her til almost 2 am…i wanted her truly relaxed and settled before i went to bed. today will be another tough day as i will be gone and she hasn’t met renee yet but i think she will be ok..she seems a solid and good dog who can deal reasonably well with a pretty big life altering change.

anyway..i feel bad leaving her but i do have to work. and i guess i better get going here, it is time to get my ass into gear.

12 Comments on "early shift sucks!"

• Bunny Horne says

What is wrong with this world???? I just heard on the radio of a BC woman who was charged with animal cruelty because she threw two dogs, enclosed in plastic kennels, onto a camp fire. One dog perished in the fire, the other escaped and is presumed dead. People like Carol, Janice and and the many many others spend their lives and every last dime to take care of animals that in many cases other people couldn’t. Not all pets require rescue because their forever owner has passed on or has had to go into care or find themselves in financial difficulties.
    I have never understood why people who can’t handle dogs, cats, kids have them. All I can think of is the sheer horror and pain some dogs / cats / kids have to endure because of sick people.
    Our laws are ridiculous – it seems the more horrific the offence the more leniency.

• Janice says

Its a evil sick world Bunny..

• Fiona says

OMG, that is terrible. Our laws have to change.

• Kate Dumaresq says

Who could do something like that!? I am generally not a violent person, BUT, people who do acts of such appalling cruelty should be publicly flogged.

• Curt says

I agree on the flogging

• Penny says

Flogging is too good for people who do something like that. Treat them the same way they did the dogs – throw them on the fire. Sorry, but I have no compassion for anyone who’s capable of such cruelty.

• Carol Ann says

I agree with Penny

• Tammy says

The very least they should get is a 9mm to the base of the skull.
    My opinion.

the reality is..in canada…we don’t flog, shoot, hang or burn our criminals at the stake. but we can ask the gov’t to change the animal protection laws to sufficiently punish animal abusing criminals with enforced penalties of mandatory significant prison time, bans on ever owning animals again, and steep, crippling, life long restitution fines.

• Bunny Horne says

Today sucked, I couldn’t get the news from this morning out of my head, but moments ago I looked again at STAN the man in his new home with his bow tie tag and how damned happy that kitty is and I feel better. Thank God for the Carol’s, Deb’s, MO’s, Janice’s and on and on and on that treat animals like they are royalty. And yes, we have to ask our legislative bodies to change the animal protection laws. I shall write to my politicians this week.

• nicolemc says

you thrown your phone out the window?
    I’m bringing babette out tomorrow morning, i’ve conned my dear mother in to driving me.
    also i’ll email you about a bunch of the requests.