stevie the bunny has unexpectedly passed away.

Posted: August 28, 2012 at 11:40 am

he was found dead in his pen this morning.

i am not sure how old stevie was…he as one of the feral domestic rabbits from richmond who was lucky enough to escape death on the street.
stevie loved amber and was content living with his good friend. he had a safe and decent place to live and plenty of fresh food/water and occasionally some special treats.
i think the life he had here was better than dying alone and unwanted out on the streets.

but i also think that had stevie or his ancestors been in respectful and appropriate homes who not only practiced good and responsible pet care but included spaying and neutering in that care…. he would never have needed to end his life in a sanctuary.

rest in peace stevie.

6 Comments on "stevie the bunny has unexpectedly passed away."

ahh so sorry. rip little stevie

• Penny says

I’m heartbroken. Glad I had a cuddle with him on Sunday, and he enjoyed his carrot tops and apple treats. Goodbye, sweet boy; I shall miss you.

• Bunny Horne says

So sorry, Carol and Penny. I know how much Penny loves those little bunnies and we can all know that during his time at SAINTS he was truly loved. RIP little guy.

• Carol Ann says

RIP little guy. Poor bunnies are so vulnerable, how can anyone just turn them loose.

• Leila says

It makes me so sad when I hear about one of the bunnies passing away. There whole situation makes me sad.

• Marta says

Stevie, I feel privileged to have been a small part of your life here near the end.. Penny i know you loved him and he was well taken care of and loved by you..

And had a much better life here at Saints then those who are still out there dumped after being unwanted .

Rest in Peace our little Black Angel. I will miss you ..