not to be a freak out or anything but….

Posted: March 10, 2013 at 6:56 am

sheila tells me so far… we have only sold 35 tickets to the pub day and that totally worries me. maybe it was a mistake to move it closer to home? to try an afternoon event?
ahhh ratz! i thought it would make it easier and more enjoyable for everyone if we could just finish up here and then go straight to the pub. yikes…maybe i was wrong?

we REALLY need this event to be successful to get us thru the next couple of months. this is the long donations dry as a desert period when if we don’t fundraise enough to pay the bills, we will be choking in deep dusty doo-doo shit.

so if sheila could please repost the pub event poster and if we could all spread the word a bit more, maybe we can squeak thru this and continue to hang in without me in a huge deficit freakout flap for a couple of months more.

i really do have to win the lottery so we can just do the work minus the financial worry ulcers attached.
but until then..does anyone know anyone who will come and support us at the saints fundraising pub event?

folks could actually come here for a full tour and then head down to the pub for some lunch. it sounds like a good way to spend the day..hanging out with the animals, then grabbing a burger and beer to help them keep on living well here????

that’s just got to be a good way to spend a day…isn’t it?

24 Comments on "not to be a freak out or anything but…."

• Susan H says

Carol, my business sponsored a few tables at the gala. What can I do to help with the pub day besides buy tickets? Would a monetary donation be the best? Maybe buy some items for the silent auction? Let me know, I’ll help in any way I can.

• liana says

off topic but I noticed the ‘Canucks for kids’ is also in the share the bounty contet. great cause, maybe some votes there would also be awesome.

i still need to get my tickets going to roust up some friends to come with me. how many tickets need to be sold.

• Kim says

Sheila– could you please put two tickets aside for my husband and I? I will try to round up some more people and let you know if I need more than two tickets…….. Thanks!! : )

• Penny says

Hey Sheila – can you put a ticket aside for me as well. Thanks! I can pick it up next Sunday from the MP Room office and leave the money there for you, if that works.

• Bunny Horne says

Sheila, we left our $$$ for two tickets yesterday for you.

If anypne reading is not able to attend but looking to make a donation…pledge it to TEAM BARN…pretty please …Lol..Go Team Barn. Ellie thanks you very much from the bottom of her princess heart

• Meghann says

Sheila – I just wanted to double-check that you got my message, asking for two tickets.

Thanks!

hey mo not fair what about team house lol

• Brenda Mc says

Sheila; I left my money for 2 tickets in the office today as well – labelled in an envelope. Thanks

oh and carols dogs june mystic daphne and phoebe also say a big thankyou.lol

• Penny says

Sorry Lynne & Mo – GO TEAM MP BUILDING!!! The frail dogs, FIV shy cats and adorable bunnies give BIG thanks for any donations!!!!

• Shawn says

Go TEAM MP!!! I have friends from work coming as well as some donations on my pledge sheet.

• Bunny Horne says

Penny, we have an ADORABLE BUNNY in the barn too you know. GO TEAM BARN GO.

I put a poster up in my building today of the article that appeared in the Costco Employee Newsletter. Usually people scribble rude comments on any postings and I figured it would be thrown in the garbage immediately. A lovely active senior in my building just knocked at my door. She had a $50 bill in her hand. How rude of me, I didn’t ask if she wanted change… I politely grabbed the $50 and asked for the correct spelling of her name so I can get a tax receipt. I also gave her one of our collector cards. She loves PIGS. Pigs….hmmm, where do they reside….THE BARN!!!!!

hey bunny i actually helped your barn team with that rug hooking of al but it was so worth it. it is beautiful and i am glad i got it.

• Penny says

Good one, Bunny – very true!!!

• Bunny Horne says

I’m just about finished a rug hooking of Mystic, Al and Daphne’s sock monkey that I will give to Sheila for the silent auction.
    And LYNN the Barn Team thanks you so very much.

lets just all get as much as we can for all the animals, but you do know that house team is going to win. lol

• Tammy says

Marvin and the gang would appreciate any donations to TEAM MP. Just one look in his soulful green eyes would convince anyone to support him.

• Helga says

And Black Buddy is a poster child for Team MP too. If my mini yard sale yesterday hadn’t been so spur-of-the-moment I would have put a picture of him on my sign

you had a mini yard sale crap did not even know.

• Helga says

It was really a last minute decision because the weather has been so iffy.

TEAM BARN…PLEDGE FOR TEAM BARN…TEAM BARN..PLEDGE FOR TEAM BARN… ( this is to be said in a Vincent Price voice over & over & over again until you simply cannot stop yourself & are driven to sit at your computer & pledge through pay-pal, or simply can’t resist the urge to reach into your purse/wallet & write a chq with TEAM BARN PLEDGE written in the memo section )

MWHAAAAA <—— Vincent Price LOL 🙂

• Helga says

Please pledge MP for Marvin, Max, Maybelle Please pledge MP for Mama T.
    Your praises she will tell.
    Please pledge MP for River.
    He always looks so sad.
    A little pledge for Team MP
    Would make his heart so glad.

And Jingles will lay an egg in your honour.