Posted: November 13, 2015 at 7:14 am
have you read a hundred of these kinds of posts? have you seen everything about ethical rescue clearly laid out in black and white?
the problem for me is in between the black and the white of rescue, are various shades of grey…i don’t mean shady, human profiteering practices..i mean that place where your heart hits a brick wall with your head….
anyway…here is how i try to do rescue right
1. i try to eliminate stupid and ignorant from my thoughts and actions. if this is truly only about rescuing then i need to ensure i am rescuing intelligently. the animals deserve to be rescued responsibly, compassionately and with dignity. their rescue is not for glory or money or to provide a temporary, fairy tale warm and fuzzy to any human being…including me.
2. i try to remove stupid and ignorant from the minds and hearts of others. i educate, i teach..i deny the wishes of instant gratification seekers. i take the warm and fuzzy fairy tales soaring thru the rainbow clouds and bring them back down to earth to meet reality…the real and breathing, flawed and never perfect, animals. (and for gawds freaking sakes…there is no such animal as micro or tea cup pigs..it is a marketing ploy!!!)
3. i try to eradicate stupidity and ignorance in regards to animals living within our society…co-existing with animals in human life is not a right, it is a priviledge that has to be earned. so no you are not entitled to purchase that cute puppy in the window just because you saw and really wanted him or her….not when that puppy’s parents are currently suffering untold agony in the originating puppy mill.
4. i try to argue against stupid and ignorant human decisions that not only allows and accepts animal exploitation but promotes it as well…so please…lets not fly in and shove 100 terrified dogs into an airplane hanger for a warm and fuzzy, media frenzy, pick a pet event and somehow call it heroic.
5. basically i always try to do rescue right but man..that stupid and ignorant animal/human relationship brick wall is awfully thick and mighty high.
( sometimes i really i wish god gave me a match and some dynamite sticks to blast stupidity and ignorance that is so unkind and disrespectful to animals, right back to hell where it belongs.)