little ex-saint ted has passed away.

Posted: July 29, 2017 at 1:20 pm

Dear Carol –

Just wanted to let you know that my Ted passed away (euthanized) Thursday afternoon on the critical care ward of Canada West Veterinary Specialists in Vancouver. Over the past few days Ted was unable to walk even a few steps without collapsing. Xrays revealed the right side of his heart was causing pulmonary hypertension with a possible embolism in his lung. The neurologist there also speculated he had lesions on his brain. Any exertion caused Ted to either faint or seizure many times a day and the meds we tried were not working. His quality of life declined very rapidly. His estimated age was 17 years.

He was such a wonderful member of my family and I don’t have the words to describe the devastation I feel at his loss. I am just grateful that circumstances put Ted and I together three years ago. He was such a blessing in my life and will always remain a part of my heart.

He wasn’t a “Saint” for very long but I thought you would want to know.

rest in peace ted and our deepest condolences and thanks to his family for loving this little old soul so very well.

8 Comments on "little ex-saint ted has passed away."

• shelagh f says

so sorry for your loss. I picked him up from the airport when he
    came from Terrace. the fellow said he had been barking all the
    way on the plane, he barked all the way from Vancouver airport
    to Mission, but once he got out of the crate he stopped. It was so nice to see
    the video you had sent when he joined your family, didn’t look like
    the same dog. Glad you all enjoyed him for his latter years.

• shelagh f says

oops, wrong Ted, my bad, still very sorry for your loss.

• Brenda Mc says

I remember Teddy well. So sorry for your heart break, thank you for loving this sweet boy. RIP Teddy

• Laura says

Ted is a memorable character……he did really well with a home that adored him.
    Thank you for giving him an awesome family for the past 3 yrs. I love when an old dog ends their life having been a blessing.

• Laura says

Shelagh I don’t think you are wrong….Carol can verify maybe

• shelagh f says

That was TedZ, this was a cutie, a little darker Ted.
    (Erin let me know)

• Marianne says

Thank you for your kind words everyone. I can’t believe it’s been almost a week since he’s been gone. I still look for him when I come in the door….he was always there to greet me. He couldn’t hear but he always seemed to know…

I did track down Ted’s microchip number. He was rescued in California by “Best Friends Animal Society in Los Angeles in 2012. On their paperwork they estimated him to be 15 years old! That would mean he was 20 when he passed but I think that’s inaccurate. He had those cloudy old dog eyes and was mostly deaf but still could dance a jig at mealtimes, loved sharing popcorn, wasn’t on any medication (other than metacam for a little arthritis). In our time together he’d gone camping with his “cousins” Babes and Spot (now McGruff), spent a weekend in a pretty posh hotel, always got to ride “shotgun” in the car…if he couldn’t come with me I didn’t go. He was my special boy.

Ted was a gentle gem of a dog and is so sadly missed.

• Lenore Henry says

I am so sorry for your loss – thank you for giving him the best of homes….