Al and the Egg

Posted: July 1, 2010 at 10:57 am

Allister  is a 16 year old yellow lab cross who every morning jumps the 5 foot fence and meets Colleen D in the riding ring … he loves to play and hunt frogs. Colleen D captured this great video of him playing with a giant egg as her own Dog Ticket follows the action around and the barn guys remain fairly indifferent … enjoy!!!

13 Comments on "Al and the Egg"

i swear to god that dog is going to kill himself having too much fun one day!

Love love love that, al is the coolest egg pushing, frog hunting dog around,,, and I’m pretty sure he is 16 now ( like Mother like daughter , they never age)

Is there anyoneone who can help out at the barn this week-end ? I don’t think Wendy is able to come out & if there is help .. I’d like to hang with Gwen & finish off some stuff around here… anyone ?

• Colleen Donnelly says

I’ll be here Mo and will tend to the barn and guys.

How’d Gwen do with her surgery? Hope she’s well!!

• Maggie says

Colleen would you mind me working along with you in the barn, etc.? I would like to get to know the routine so I can pitch in when needed.
    If this works for you…..which day?

• Ann says

16 years old! That is truly amazing he is just like a puppy. Seems that living at SAINTS also reverses the aging process!! Carol can I move in?

• Poppy says

Thanks for the smile 🙂 Love how calm the horses are throughout.

• Colleen Donnelly says

Either day is fine with me Maggie. I’ll begin at a lazy 9 a.m. 🙂

• Mauro Salles says

The barn guys ==> “What the hell is he doing? I’m going to pretend I didn’t see this …”.

• K.O. says

If we all could find such happiness is pushing a blue egg around a field!!!Love that Al dog.I will be there on the weekend Mo.

• Colleen Donnelly says

Haha Mauro!

Al tries super duper hard not to get that egg ( which is actually a horse or cow toy…I see Joy giving it a hoof or two once in a blue moon ) toooo close to the horses or cows. If it gets within a foot of them he stands and barks like crazy at the egg to move.

Same day, same egg: (hope the link works )

If that doesn’t work…here’s a link! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TASNUNGdoas

Thanks alot for the support out at the barn… Gwen is probably handling this better than me.. I have started leaving her for short intervals in the empty room on her own & she seems to be Ok with it.. I will try a bit longer tomorrow & pull the car out of the driveway and sneak back to peek thru the windows & make sure she is not being a dork. Then gradually increase the time in anticipation of returning to work.. great suggestion Carol.. Thanks

I have corned off an area in the livingroom so she can move around a bit .. the crate is out of the question with that freaking cone.. and the ramp ( i built she sez with pride) is working great.. it could probably be a couple inches wider, but we still can both go up & down together.

I will have SAINTS withdrawal this week end & may still come for a short visit Sunday afternoon … if all goes like I am visualizing ( she sez with hope, hope, hope)

• Mauro Salles says

**** Colleen, the “D” one 🙂 ****
    I think the second video is better than the first!! Two babies messing around: one is a super athlete and the other is the coach (or the lifeguard?). I would love to be one of them. Maybe in another life? LOL.

**** Carol or Jenn ****
    Please, post the second video “below” the first one.

• Colleen Donnelly says

Mauro…The other one is my German Shepherd Ticket. She doesn’t like to swim at all. I was absolutely amazed that she went in deep enough that she had to swim for 3 seconds. She is a wench in that she stands onshore and grabs the ball/egg/stick when the *athlete* goes the distance for it.

Al is a blast. I can’t tell you the number of times I have said “Al…WAAAAAIIIITT!!” when I see him about to scale the fence. But nope…his day begins at 8 am every damn day and everyone else better be there and be ready. I love that dog!!